Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Well Crafted: Personalized Wine Labels


















This is an older project from my husband's 30th birthday party. I wanted to make the party extra special for my main man, so I was busy crafting labels, menu cards, and cooking away. I think that the personalized wine labels really made the night feel festive and they were quite a hit! I still have one hanging out in our office to this day.

Materials
Wine bottles
White/Ivory card stock
Double sided tape
Sponge
Razor blade

To begin you have to soak the wine bottles in warm soapy water and in order to not ruin the wine, you can open it up and pour it into a separate container, or if you don't have the time, use cooler water and just let it soak for awhile. While the bottles are soaking select your images and print them out onto the card stock and trim them to the appropriate size, mine measure 3 x 4 1/2". Scrape off the original label and glue with a sponge or a razor blade. Dry the bottles off and attach the labels with double sided tape. It's such a simple task but can really add a nice touch to a party. I also made them once for a small bachlorette party using images of the bride-to-be. Or bring them as a host/hostess gift. And then enjoy the party!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool idea! It’s a sweet way to give your husband a special birthday party that he will never forget, and reminisce those days of his younger years with those photos. I’m pretty sure he was surprised and touched with those creative personalized wine labels that you made. I’d love to try this on my dad’s birthday.

    >Jessie Henn

    ReplyDelete