Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Little Wing Garland


Last week I went to the Rockefeller Park Greenhouse and came across some very delicate and lovely origami butterflies. I was intrigued so I decided to make some for myself. I found a great tutorial over on Go Origami that you can follow along with. 

You can use anything from traditional origami paper to an old watercolor painting that I never wanted to toss, or even pages from all of those relentless catalogs that come in the mail. While the origami paper is much easier to work with than the thicker watercolor paper, I was pretty pleased with my results. I am particularly fond of the ones I made out of the magazine pages.

And this is all you will need to make a origami butterfly garland. I made two different sizes for my strand of butterflies.

Materials
Square paper
Small hole punch
String or fishing line





Once you've mastered the instructions you can punch holes in each wing, string them up and decorate. This would look lovely at a baby shower, birthday, or just to spruce up an ordinary room! Or you could even turn it into a mobile to hang over the changing table to keep that wiggly baby distracted.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment