Wednesday, April 18, 2012

On the Table: Pizza Night!




Let me begin by saying that last night's dinner preempted my planned post for today. It was that good. My husband took a half day yesterday and that meant that not only did he plan dinner, he also cooked it! How glorious.

                           

A few weeks ago I picked up a Bon Appétit on a whim mostly because of the cover image, a delicious looking pizza, and it featured recipes from Jim Lahey of Sullivan St. Bakery in New York. The article said that his recipes were fun and easy but we've had bad luck in the past making pizza dough so I wasn't buying it. Then yesterday, unbeknownst to me, my husband added one of his recipes to the shopping list! I have to admit that I did buy the already made dough from Whole Foods, but I was pressed for time and I already said we had bad luck, give me a break.


So I give you Jim Lahey's Popeye Pie. A deliciously simple spinach pizza with gruyere and fresh mozzarella. Check it out and report back.

1 comment: