Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Found a Locket


I was looking through an old jewelry box recently and found a locket. I know that I've seen it before but I honestly have no idea where it came from. I opened it up and didn't recognize the people inside and neither did my mother. Who are these strangers in my jewelry box? I don't know but I did decide that I'd just go ahead and swap out the pictures for ones of my favorite fellas. I didn't have the heart to just toss the pictures so I just kept them inside too.



Materials
Photo paper
Scissors
Double-sided tape
Locket & chain


I used Photoshop to shrink down a few of my favorite images to about 1/2"x1/2" and used the tiny piece of plastic inside the locket as a guide for cutting. I fooled around with a few images because there is something weird about a floating head so I wanted to be sure that I cropped it to my liking. Here's what I came up with. I was being impatient and messed around with the images before the ink was totally dry but I like that it made the photos look aged. Now they match the locket. I think this would make a very sweet baby shower gift or even a wedding present. Do you have any antique jewelry laying around? Go take a look!




No comments:

Post a Comment