Friday, May 4, 2012

A Simple Mix



Is it too early to talk about cocktails? About a month or so ago I came across this recipe over on Heart of Light and have been talking about it to my friends. Having not made it yet, I have no place to comment on how delicious it is but I'm pretty sure that I can say with certainty that it is. I love a good margarita, not one that is made with mix and is sickeningly sweet. So last summer I was introduced to a recipe that is simple and easy and I'll share it with you.

A Simple Margarita
2 ounces of silver tequila
Splash of Cointreau
Juice of one-two limes, depending on your preference
A pinch of salt
Ice

Put all the ingredients into a shaker, shake it up. And enjoy. It's a little on the strong side but it's pretty tasty! I also found this Agave Margarita recipe (pictured above) in Bon Appétit, it had a few variations that sounded pretty interesting, including one that has hibiscus tea on top to add a little pop of color. Now that you are properly armed to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I hope that you enjoy it safely and that the sun is shining.



Or how about this spicy grapefruit margarita? Happy Friday!

Image: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/05/agave-margarita

No comments:

Post a Comment