Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Painted Gift Bag


I've had this muslin gift bag hanging around in my gift wrap drawer for years. I've never used it because of the logo on the front but have kept it because it's the perfect size to gift a nice bottle of wine in. So today I decided to make it a bit more useful.


Materials
Acrylic paint
Sponge stencil brush
Newspaper
Painter's tape
Paint brush



Fold a few pieces of newspaper and fit inside the bag to protect the side you are not painting. First I used painter's tape to create a straight lined box to cover the logo on the bag. Using a paint brush, paint the inside of the taped off section. Once this part is dry I used two colors of paint and the sponge brush to create the polka dots.




Get your friend a nice bottle of wine and stick inside to give away. This project is so very simple but really gives your gift that extra love-filled touch to make the gesture even more special. I'm tempted to go ahead and get those smaller bags I linked to also because they are so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment