Friday, March 30, 2012

Well Crafted: A Window Display


Last night I attended a window display party at Room Service in Ohio City. The mission was to help craft giant paper flowers based on a tutorial found over on Design Sponge. Crafting and cocktails sounded pretty good to me so I headed on over with a few of my lady friends for a fun night out!



There was one lonely flower in the window when we got there.


Inside there were a lot of busy ladies making these amazing and giant tissue paper flowers.


The bases were made out of chicken wire, cups, tissue paper, and a lot of glue. Some of them were taller than me!



With sangria in hand, my friends and I were assigned to help make the center of the flowers. It took three layers of tissue, glue, and artificial moss to make these beauties. We were fast learners and were quickly promoted to managers of the station, mainly presiding over ourselves.



The night ended with a little shopping, I picked up this cute little coral skirt. Then we stopped by The Bier Markt for a quick bite before heading home. We really had a fun night! Thanks to Danielle and Jennie for the party! Be sure to stop down to check out the new spring merchandise and of course the beautiful window. Happy Friday friends!

3 comments: