Friday, March 16, 2012

The Washi Tape Experience, Part 2



I can't get enough of this so bare with me! We were given this clown stool from a  lovely neighbor. I did not love it, but the stool itself seems pretty useful so I set it aside until I had time to fix it up a bit.




Supplies
Old stool (or whatever you have)
Washi tape
Acrylic paint
Paint brushes
Ruler

I painted the top of the stool black and also the crossbars and let it dry overnight. I've been obsessed with chevron patterns lately so I thought this might be a great opportunity to make my own. I used a ruler and pencil to measure and mark my design to make it easier to lay out the tape. Then I just started taping. These projects are pretty straight-forward and rewarding. I will have to try hard not to put tape all over everything I own.



Have you used this before? I'd love to see your projects too!

1 comment: