Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For the Love of Fiber


Any knitters out there? I became an avid knitter years ago when I started working at a local knit shop, Fine Points. When I started working there I just needed a job and my high school friend's mother was kind enough to hire me...even though I didn't know a thing about knitting.

On a slow afternoon at the shop, the ladies said to me "pick out some yarn, it's time to learn to knit!" And I did. I was a fast learner because I loved the challenge of learning something new, something that my grandmother used to do with ease. 



My favorite projects are usually quick and fun. While I can appreciate the feeling of accomplishment that you get after laboring over a complicated cable knit sweater, I tend to loose interest so it's better for me to stick with smaller things.


Hats, scarves, baby sweaters, toys, and accessories are the types of things that I like to make. Stay tuned tomorrow for a really quick and easy hair bow project!

No comments:

Post a Comment