Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On the Table: Dressed Up Leftovers

I needed to make a quick meal for the little one the other night and I was stumped. Then I remembered seeing this on Pinterest and realized that I had just about the right ingredients. I'll call mine Spinach and Potato Mini Cakes.






Ingredients
Spinach leaves
Mashed potatoes
Cornmeal
Olive oil

With toddler on hip, heat 2-3Tbsp of hot water in a pan on medium heat, toss in a handful of spinach leaves and quickly wilt.

Chop the spinach and mix in with the mashed potatoes. Form the mixture into small balls and flatten. Dredge in cornmeal and stick them in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until they are firm. Heat 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan and cook 3 minutes a side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with a little parmesan if you'd like and serve warm.



The verdict: Baby boy ate four out of the five mini cakes! Feels victorious to me.

Image Source: spinach//cornmeal//mashed potatoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment