Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Citrus Binge


We are on a major citrus binge over here. The babe and I have been sharing oranges and grapefruit a lot lately. I like to cut off the rind and cut them into little sections so it's easier for him to chew and they look so much prettier that way too!

I find that I'm always squeezing a lemon into my water, a lime into my food, and finding ways to incorporate a bright burst of flavor into meals. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use citrus.

A simple lemon vinaigrette on a spinach salad for lunch is a go-to meal for me.

Mash an avocado with some minced garlic and the juice of a lime for an easy guacamole dip or sandwich spread.


This cucumber limeade will no doubt be a staple on my summer drink menu.


And since we are on the subject of drinks...this Moscow Mule happens to be my new cocktail of choice. I guess that's enough rambling for one post. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment