Friday, October 26, 2012

The Pressure of Halloween


So many people call Halloween their favorite holiday. It is indeed mine as well. My husband and I share that sentiment and for five awesome years we hosted a fabulous Halloween party at our old house. The costumes were always impressive and the running for Best Dressed was always fierce. We even started setting up a photo booth in our side room that always promised wild and hilarious photos! My appreciation of this day is deep rooted in my Dad's love of dressing as Frankenstein almost every year! Here are some of my favorite costumes.


This is our second Halloween together as Bonnie and Clyde.


Our first ever party. I was a Devil with a Blue Dress on.



The year of the infamous Teen Wolf costume! My brother in law has gone down in history for that one. And Superheroes too!



This year we had two totally separate costumes, the first was Day of the Dead inspired and thrown together in about an hour. We had all of the tools on hand! The next day the entire crew from Masters of the Universe showed up to pose with the ever famous Andy Warhol.


These two never disappoint with incredibly elaborate and handmade costumes! Chinese Take Out and MacGruber.


And then last year, with the babe, we were karate champions from the Kobra Kai Dojo. What's my point exactly? That the pressure of having a good costume is serious business over here and I'm feeling it hardcore this year. What will we be?? What are you going to be? We are attending a party tomorrow so we'd better settle on something now! Hope you have a spooky weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand the pressure - I think all the true Halloween die-hards do! I very recently posted the same frustrations: http://jeansandatanktop.com/?p=376 Best of luck to you - if your past creations are any indication, you're going to be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete