Thursday, July 26, 2012

Something Old, Something New


Yesterday I shared photos from the wedding we attended last weekend. I had the pleasure of making the bride a clip for her hair from an old pendant that belonged to her grandmother. This simple idea turned out to be really very elegant. Here's how you do it!


Materials
Pendant
Alligator clip
Epoxy
Sandpaper
Stick


I removed the ring that was in place to attach the pendant to a chain with needle nose pliers. I used sand paper to rough up the surface of the clip and the back of the pendant to help with proper adhesion.


Once you are ready, open the epoxy and follow the mixing instructions. Once you open the epoxy you've got to use it so be ready to go! I used a small stick to get the glue on and positioned the clip in place. I had to prop the clip open to be sure that it didn't dry closed! Then leave it alone for a full 24 hours. It was attached very firmly and was ready for use the next day! I was honored to make it for her and it looked amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment