Thursday, July 12, 2012

Be About It



Fitness is a commitment that has lately been easily neglected. I'd rather not run when it's 100 degrees outside. I'd rather hang out with my family when my husband comes home. I'd rather not skip dinner to hit the gym. I'd rather sleep in than get up before the sun to make a 6:30 yoga class. Have you heard these reasons before? They are all very valid but they are also just excuses. It's easier to talk about it than be about it sometimes. It feels selfish to carve out personal time away from the family just for myself when there are plenty of other things that "need" to be done. But in order to be that healthy, well-rounded person that I want to be, I have to make a commitment to myself to get back at it. So this week I'm hitting the gym and have returned to the yoga studio a few times. Here's to being your best self! How do you keep active?

Image source: Wild Spine via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment