Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On The Table: Iced Coffee


The weather is getting warmer and it's been harder for me to want that necessary cup of hot coffee every morning. Or maybe it's the mid-afternoon pick me up that I like to be iced. Either way I have a perfectly simple iced coffee recipe for you! It does require some overnight prep time but it's definitely worth it. All you need is a French press, your favorite ground coffee and a little bit of time.

 

Ingredients 
1/2 cup freshly ground coffee
4 cups cold water

Grind up your coffee and dump it into the French Press. Add cold water. Press down the damper and put the whole thing in your refrigerator overnight. In the morning, pour it into your favorite mug, and add ice. My favorite part of iced coffee is adding the milk and watching it swirl in! This recipe brews a strong, cold cup of coffee. Which I think is way better than brewing a hot pot and then trying to ice it down. All that does is make a watery cup of coffee and that's just not as good! Add your milk and sugar, if you like it, and you're ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment