Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crafting Cards








































I know that I've said it before, but I really enjoy making cards. I got very excited when I saw this post via Pinterest 
the other day. I'd been feeling in a rut and wanting to make something but not sure what to make. Do you ever feel 
that way?

Her post discusses her love of cardboard tubes for paper decorating and I couldn't agree more! I was very close to 
pulling all of the toilet paper off of a roll just so I could use one. Calm down husband, I didn't do that. Here's what 
I made!






























Materials
cardboard tube
paint/stamping ink
cardstock
ruler
teeny hole punch
exacto knife
cutting mat
pencil
scrap paper, doilies, whatever you might have
the end piece of a head of lettuce, cabbage







































We were in need of a card for an upcoming wedding this weekend (yay Jake & Ashley!) so this was the perfect 
project to get a few made. I used the tube as a stamp to create a repetitive circle pattern. I used the yellow ink because
it reminded my of honey bees and wedding rings, not sure what they have to do with one another but roll just roll with
it, ok? Then I very lightly wrote out the word love in cursive with a pencil. Last I punched out along the pencil line 
with the teeny hole punch. A lovely and simple wedding card in minutes! 






























I used the doily as a stamp on the extra cards and created a few fun things.







































And for my final and very favorite trick of all! If you cut the end off of a head of lettuce or cabbage you can use it as a 
rose shaped stamp! How fun is that? You just have to let it dry off a bit and then it's good to go.






























Naturally, I made extra because you never know when you might need to say hello to a friend or send a quick birthday 
greeting. I hope this inspires you a bit. What have you been up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment