Thursday, June 7, 2012

On the Table: Eat Your Veggies


Are you a fan of vegetables? It's so easy to get in a cooking rut and end up making the same things every week, pizza and pasta are easy. So I'm trying my best to mix things up while making sure we get our fill of fresh vegetables. Visiting the farmer's market weekly helps me to find new and fresh things to build our weekly menu around (do I sound like a broken record yet about the market?). 


Fresh salads and stir fries are really quick and easy. These top two meals featuring fresh spinach, zucchini, and broccoli. Then I like to add beans or lentils too to bulk up the meal.


My husband loves green beans so I made an easy side salad of cooked beans with balsamic and garlic to accompany our quick dinner of Luna burgers and oven fries.


Every morning. I have a green smoothie. The ingredients always include spinach, banana, and flaxseed then vary between mangos and peaches, or berries. Sometimes I use kale but my blender is no Vitamix so it can be a little chunkier than I like.


Now that Little Man has mastered the straw, he's all about me sharing with him too. How do you add vegetables into your meals? I'm always looking for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment