Monday, February 20, 2012

Got Photo booth?


One of my favorite things is a photo booth. I know that I'm not alone in this. I've been seeing them all over from weddings to parties in the last few years. Have you ever seen Smilebooth? Since I cannot just go out and purchase an in-home photo booth, I was very excited when I came across this tutorial on Pinterest to use with Instagram images. It's super easy and addicting! I've made a dozen or more of these in the past month and used them as favors in thank you notes for the baby's birthday. 

Tools:
Photo paper
Exacto knife
Ruler
Cutting mat

Select the four images that you'd like to use and open them in Photo Shop. Create a new template that measures 1 1/2 inches by 6 inches and a resolution of 800. Since the Instagram images are already squares you don't have to alter their size, however if there are borders that don't match up or you just want a white frame then you can use the cropping tool to remove the border. If you are using another type of image, then you need to resize them to measure 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches. Insert the images into the template leaving a small space between each one. You can create guides to help you place the images exactly where you want them.

Next, I created a new template that measured 4x6 to match the size of the photo paper that I have. This way you can print more than one image per sheet. Then drag the photo strip onto the larger file. Either save each strip as a file of it's own or reuse the main file as a template. 

Then I made a second strip and repeated the process and printed the image. If your printer isn't the best, you can always save the image as a jpeg and upload it to a processing site and have it printed elsewhere. Once you have the images ready, it's time to cut them into strips.

*Hopefully this all makes sense, but if it doesn't just ask! Have fun with this!



No comments:

Post a Comment