Friday, February 17, 2012

Bow Tied


While perusing Pinterest, I came across two really great bow tie tutorials, here and here. I have not always been such a fan of this style of dress for men, but what can I say, I'm a victim of peer pressure and trends. Now I think they are pretty swell. I took the information from the two blogs and created a mini bow tie for my little man. Here is how you do it.



Tools:
Fun fabric
Scissors
Needle & thread
Bow tie clips (found on Etsy)
Cardboard for a template, since I'm sure you'll make tons
Ruler
Iron

1. Cut the cardboard into two pieces, one that measures 9 x 4.5 inches, and the second to measure 1.25 x 2.5 inches. Cut two pieces of fabric to match. Fold the long edges of the larger piece in towards the middle and iron the edges down for sharp creases. Fold the shorter ends in towards the center and iron down the edges. 
2. Pinch the center of the tie together and sew the folds in place. Be sure that none of the frayed edges are visible. 
3. Sew the bow tie clip in place making sure that the stitches aren't seen on the front of the tie.
4. Fold the long edges of the small piece of fabric in towards the middle and iron in place. Fold in shorter edges and iron. Wrap the fabric around both the tie and the clip and stitch in place. Be sure that none of the frayed edges are showing.
5. Take a look at this cute little bow tie!
6. Repeat.

Stayed tuned for the next week's tutorial for photo booth strips!

Source: http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/how-to-make-a-bow-tie-.html, http://www.fineandfeathered.com/blog/2012/01/diy-hair-bow.html

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty adorable! He is going to be a lady killer when he grows up :).

    ReplyDelete