Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Take the Rapid


Any type of train adventure is a good one! Last Saturday we went down to the rapid stop in Little Italy to take the train to the West Side Market. We figured that it would be (another) dream come true for little man and a fun family thing to do.


I mentioned on our walk down where we were going and he just couldn't stop talking about it. Of course when we got there a few trains passed by, ones that were not headed our way, and it was really a tough moment. He continued to yell "my choo choo train!" as they passed and teared up, looking up to us like we were liars. 



He's trying his best to be strong and patient waiting for our Westbound to arrive. This is our best family photo of the day. I thought it was pretty cute.


Finally it arrived and we whizzed down to the Market. The trip was really quick and O had so much fun he could barely contain himself. There were all sorts of dance moves and stomping in excitement. Of course no family fun day goes without flaw, we forgot my wallet with all the cash so we only bought kale then went to lunch, which was perfectly fine with us.


Here he is on our way out checking out the fare station. We practically had to drag him away. If you're up for some fun, I'd recommend the ride. I remember how special it felt as a child to ride downtown with my family and I'm pretty sure he felt the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment