Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Juiced


Mr. Oliver has been on a little kick of asking for juice all of the time. I'm not a big fan of it myself so I find it hard to do. So many juices are so full of sugar and just of absolutely no use. But I have found some that are tasty, no sugar added, organic stuff. All of those requirements can equal out to be pretty pricey. So after talking to a friend about the beloved Vitamix, I decided to try to make some of my own! It was fast, easy, and guzzled down. So I feel like a success, at least for now. Here's what I did.


Carrot Orange Juice Juice
2 peeled oranges, halved
5 carrots, halved
2 C Water
Ice

Put all of the ingredients into the mixer and quickly turn up to 10, then switch to high. The tip that I heard was to let the mixer run on high for at least 90 seconds to ensure smoothly blended juice. No one wants to chew their juice. I had to add a little more water in the end because this mixture was tasty, but really frothy. Oliver seemed to really like it. I know this is not a "juicer" juice, but I'm pretty pleased with it. I think that it might be good with a little bit of ginger tossed in too! It's a good way to start off your day feeling healthy and strong! Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment