Monday, November 5, 2012

Dia De Los Muertos Cleveland


For years we've wanted to attend the Day of the Dead celebration in Cleveland. It's in the Gordon Square Arts District on the near West Side. After a quick and chilly trip to the farmer's market we decided to take a ride on over. I'm so glad that we did!


The altars were beautiful, personal, and I felt honored to see them. Oliver loved the amazing imagery and wasn't nervous at all around all the skeletons, in fact it's one of his new favorite words. I was sorry that we weren't able to stay for the parade. It was hours off from when we could make it so it wasn't in the cards for us this year. But next year we'll plan better for sure. Have you ever gone?

 


We had a really nice weekend despite me being kind of sick and almost completely losing my voice. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment