Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Reluctance.


I started this prototype kid's tie one year ago. It didn't work quite right so I set it aside and basically forgot about it. In the meantime, I did manage to crank out one, count 'em, kid's tie for a custom order during this past year. Yesterday I was bumbling around in the studio and came across this fun neon thing that I started. So I tinkered with it. It's still not perfect and honestly, it's a little long for O but he's wearing it with pride. "Papa pulls on it like this," he said when he put it on.


This sourpuss face is the most accurate of shots that I got. He agreed to take pictures but was pretty annoyed that it was "taking soooooo long." It was five minutes tops. 



But once it was over he took the wearing of his new tie (or tight, as he says) pretty seriously. He wore it to Home Depot and wanted to put it back on after his bath. And this morning he requested to wear it again when it was time to get dressed. So he'll be the most formal one at his sitter's house today I'm sure. Happy Tuesday, hope you're looking your best!

1 comment: