Friday, September 20, 2013

Riotous.


I can vaguely remember the day when my brother picked saxophone as the instrument that he wanted to learn. It was probably the next day that I decided to learn to play the piano, very poorly. Even at that age I could see the difference in our desire to play music. While I appreciate, understand, and love it I just do not have the drive that is required to actually be a musician. Most notably the desire to practice. I just wanted to be good without having to work. But my brother would play and replay his horn, make the dog howl, and make me crazy. I think that from the very beginning he had a vision of his musical style. His skill was obvious and his interest is unending. So it always, always makes me proud to see him on stage.


Last Saturday at high noon Mephiskapheles took the stage at Riot Fest, brought in a crowd, and rocked the stage. The crowd was hyped up and it was really so awesome to see. I haven't seen this band in years and every time I do I'm impressed with their energy and ability to capture the crowd.


Right there, behind the mohawk is my brother on the big screen!


His friends showed up from Chicago and flew in from New York and we drove all because none of us would miss it!


He even wore his custom made tie clip that reads "devil" on stage, aw shucks.


The rest of the beautifully sunny and warm day could not top his performance for me. We wandered and listened, ate, and tried our best to keep hydrated in the sun but didn't last the whole day. But that's ok, I saw what I came to see, my brother.


He's even a punk rock star when he eats insanely big desserts after brunch at Au Cheval. Great show brother. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment