Monday, December 16, 2013

For Wreaths.



Thanks to my Instagram feed I have become aware of so many amazing artists and artisans out there in the world. One of which is a floral designer from California, Moon Canyon. I don't know too much about them other than their amazing and beautiful floral arrangements that they post. I was inspired by a wreath that I saw and I knew I had to make my own version.


Materials:
Grapevine Wreath from Michael's
Trimmings from the bottom of our Christmas Tree
Branches from the tree in the backyard, with berries
Thin gauge wire
Wire cutters


I was out in the falling snow cutting down low hanging branches feeling very merry. I was happy to know that other than the wreath, we had all of the required materials in the house.


I swept the Christmas tree branches along the bottom and secured it with the wire. Then wove the berry branches into the wreath and on top of the greenery. I wanted the branches swept to the side and kind of loose and falling to add to the dramatic look. The lion on our front door was happy to have some company and it only took me about twenty minutes total. Did you make a wreath this year? I'd love to see if you did! 

Happy birthday Dad!!

1 comment: