Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Popsicle, Popsicle.

 

It's summertime out there whether the temperatures agree or not. And summertime means frozen treats! A few of my mama friends told me about their popsicle molds and making their own. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time so last week at the grocery I tossed them into my cart and didn't look back.


My first attempt was not super sweet (says the husband) but they were still tasty. O didn't seem to mind one bit as he sang a popsicle song in the backyard while he enjoyed his. It was certainly not difficult but he was very impressed so I'll take the compliment. 

Frozen Berry Yogurt Pops
This made exactly six pops.
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1-1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
Agave nectar

Blend it all up in your blender. I tasted mine at this point to see how they were. Then pour into molds and freeze for at least 4 hours. I would have loved to make them with Oliver but I knew that the waiting would be the hardest part...for both of us...so I did it during nap time. They are a pretty healthy and easy summer treat. Next time, mango! JJ also suggested trying out an adult version, maybe a mojito pop. Sounds good to me. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment